Noted architect William Waters built The Waters in 1903 as the Oshkosh Yacht Club. The Georgian Revival building was regarded as the finest clubhouse in the Midwest. Decades later, members of American Legion Post 70 bought The Waters and used it as a clubhouse for more than 60 years.
In 2008, restorations returned The Waters to its original Georgian Revival architecture. Though it’s now a year-round special events venue, the Oshkosh Yacht Club still calls The Waters home.